Friday, June 26, 2009


More waiting, I'm good at waiting, particularly in a Victorian house, on a balcony, overlooking the final stretch on today's race course. The parked cars are slowly dwindling in number off their place on the streets of Uptown Minneapolis. The air is crisp and chilly with cloud coverage. In 1 hour I'll begin my warm up but for now I'm meditating with my computer, some ambient writings, photographs, and my feet are up! I'm finding a place of my own to clear my thoughts and fill them with words and images that correspond in no particular direction other than that they exist together and this brings me peace of mind. I'm holding on to these serendipitous notions because in 2 hours I'll be sucking air through my ears at speeds of 30 miles an hour with the best women's field in the western hemisphere. It's going to be fast and relentless, yet I find it fun because where else can I go to ride my bike as fast as humanly possible with nothing to hold me back except myself? No stop lights, cars, people... just a hundred other girls who are really, really strong. I'm beginning to feel charged, my tummy is starting to turn, the hairs on my neck are starting to stand. My endorphins are alerting me to danger and they'll make me go fast, those wicked little buzzbots. The adrenaline rushes through me like a warm wash, just under my sternum spinning though my chest. Time to push the body to the limit and see what it can do. Time to push, push, push. 

No comments:

Post a Comment