Friday, June 26, 2009

"I Know Where The Summer Goes' By Ryan McGinley





 
I'm up to my neck uploading music for sleeping/vegging purposes. My little gray cat Leopold likes to sleep with music too. Hehe,  what a cutie. 
So I'm uploading my run-of-the-mill old stuff, the ebb and flow of my musical past. Greats like Stereolab, Ladybug Transistor, Love, Modest Mouse, Radiohead, Brian Eno, Yo La T, My Bloody Valentine, Kaki King, The Sea & Cake, Tortoise, etc, etc, etc. Melodies that I've heard hundreds of times but still want to keep near and dear.

On the drive up to Wichita Falls last night (aka weekend extravaganza). I got to thinking about images of sound. I was listening to Deerhunter on the drive, no surprise there as I seem to not be able to listen to much of anything else these days, and when I thought about what their music would look like set to color I thought of Ryan McGinley, the photographer/wizard. I checked today for any new work of his and of course he has a new show. And of course! I am enamored. Even though the solstice isn't for another hour (hey, cool!) I already know that I'll remember this summer as the one when I was completely absorbed in crushed-out music and, in particular, Deerhunter & Atlas Sound. I think if Ryan McGinley's photos made music they would sound like Bradford Cox and his band mates' magic.

So here are a few of my favorites from Ryan's newest show titled 
"I Know Where The Summer Goes

Apropos title, me thinks...









I'm off to bed, the dust from piles and piles of discs is putting me under. Histamines & popcorn and I grow so sleepy.
Happy Solstice to all sun lovers and the like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment