Monday, June 29, 2009

Exploration/Examination



I'm destined to never have more than 7 hours of sleep. It's my life's quest. Soon it will begin to happen. Soon! I was on the right path tonight... a nice, solid tempo ride, a delicious dinner dancing through all the food groups and back again, no alcohol, lots of water, a hot shower, a facial, a clean room, a prepped coffee machine, and then... then, I found out about Raymond Scott. And now - I'm completely and senselessly enamored with this new discovery. 'Manhattan Research, Inc.' is officially a lullaby. Thank you Petter. 

My mind is aglow, I'm giddy. It's as though someone has let me in on a playful secret. I feel like holding my hands up to my mouth and giggling. I'm happy to find new treasures! I want to explore more and more, retrospectively, introspectively, prospectively... Self exploration, artistic exploration, musical exploration, academic exploration, human exploration. No stone unturned. So much to hunt, so much to find, so much to discover.  

It's funny how we can come out of weeks of feeling down and then one day it's over. I realized this as the sun was setting tonight and I was sensing something imminently. Watching the glittering lights of a construction caravan, watching the colors bleed from the dusky stretch of road blown around with pinks and taupes and everything is going to be ok. 

No comments:

Post a Comment