Sunday, March 20, 2011


Watching plants move in the breeze is strange and invigorating. I've never completely figured it out only because I have difficulty deciding if it's actually the air moving the branches, or a power inside of the plant speaking and breathing.
The branches nod and wave, gesturing at whomever might be watching, or just making movement around, like an aquarium.

I feel the same way when I take a long car ride, or a boat ride and my hair is untied. It will leap up, it will writhe and tangle. It suddenly takes on a life of its own. I can watch as it hovers and waves, often twisting like the small tornado connecting the surface of bathwater and the drain in an emptying bathtub. I took a bath tonight, I used grapefruit and sandalwood bath salts. It was nearly perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment