Wednesday, March 2, 2011


My eyes sting.

And you know what happens whenever i get grumpy. Yep, it's time to explode. Today it's a loud welping explosion. A water balloon full of jello hits the street and there is no crash, there is no crispy shatter, only a loud smack. The sound is full and carnal. Flesh in the jaws of something invisible, torn and hanging in bloody strands like a man of war. Trickling, oozing. I remain a subconscious mess; an annoyance to clean up. It is not beautiful. Everyone who sees it laying there turns away, disgusted.

My mind's clearly in a great place today. I need a nap. no, actually I need to register for Lago. Be back in a minute...


Ok. Deep ...breath.


There are gladiolas on the table. They look like they should be dancing. Stiff rippled underskirt and panels frozen in time, suspended in the middle of a twirl. A dancing dress with yellow flowers and a full skirt. Dance with me. I can wear the wilted yellow dress and you wear a herringbone vest. We'll put on a tragic play, spinning, spinning, spun and dying laughing in a heap. The only time that death isn't final. Get back up and we'll dance again. Until we get bored and run outside into the sun where we're blinded, a flash of yellow and bronze that fades into the present and it's over. Until the next vivid fit of nostalgia.

But we did dance, didn't we? It happened. I remember, you remember, and that's all that matters. I can always remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment