Friday, May 20, 2011


I'll go to bed soon. Sleep is usually a better preparation for bike racing than training is, usually.

A piece of information for you: On warm nights, I like to sleep with my head on the windowsill and my arms outstretched of the window. The warm breeze over the crickets as I drift away are wonderful things.

This summer I realized I'll always spend more time in the sun and always get more freckles. And you know what? I love having freckles. I like when the sun sings into my eyes, blinding and deafening them. Today I looked back to the sun, and its white light shivered into a burst of a billion pieces, icy, triangular brightness. When the mists around my eyes cleared, the sky shone white, then blue and the twin curves of spinning crowns twisted away from helical view. I looked into the trees too. And each leaf danced a different dance, quickly, each a fluttering staccato.

Everything feels heavy, I'm not going to say anything else - you should tell me something.

1 comment:

  1. Talking has lost meaning
    Only anger can come of it
    I walk through darkness
    My arms stretched in front of me
    Blind and slow
    A migration of unknown duration
    Every step hurts
    What am i working towards?

    I glow within
    maybe someone will notice me in the dark
    And join in my procession
    We're always alone
    But lets pretend for awhile

    ReplyDelete