Thursday, July 2, 2009

There's some kind of groovy kraut rock on Dublab.com right now. It makes me want to write or cook, it makes me feel soft all over. It makes me want to lie in bed and watch the mobile turning with the air gusting from the dusty vents on the ceiling. Tonight I spent the evening cooking a warm spinach salad with fresh ground nutmeg, roasted tomatoes and soft boiled eggs. I wilted the spinach in rendered bacon fat. I sharpened the knives. I'm having a hard time feeling like an athlete this week. I'm torn between being die hard or being the bohemian that I inevitably am, the side that fantasizes about a glamorous life when the mind's adrift and has nothing better to do. The great thing about being in my nonathletic mode is I create more and spend better time with my family and friends. Although it takes time away from living the dream and being true to a passion for cycling. I'm torn in both directions. Why is this life so great?

That's all for now. I still need time to read and wake up early. I decided tomorrow I'll start doing some stretching and maybe a little core work in the mornings. I need to do more of these things, too many extremes in my life. Either too hard or too soft. I need a bit of middle ground for balance, some early morning time to stretch and open up to the hot sun. I am amazed at the effort it takes to constantly seek balance. I think I like dramatic ups and downs, or at least I am very accustomed to them.

Yours,
Dim Sum
A Bit Of Heart




1 comment:

  1. hi!

    i am so happy that u like my drawing! thx!

    i think u may go Grafuck website, u can buy online.

    and do u live in Hong Kong ?

    i find one Bookstore in TST where sale the book!

    or u can also go here

    http://www.gallerynucleus.com/detail/4591


    best
    watto

    ReplyDelete